12 Sep ASNA Announces Reorganization of Board of Directors
The Arctic Slope Native Association Board of Directors announced its election of officers following their reorganizational meeting on September 7, 2017 in Utqiaġvik.
- Chairperson: Doreen Leavitt (At-Large)
- Vice-Chair: Nancy Rock (Native Village of Point Hope)
- Treasurer: Lloyd Pikok (Native Village of Point Lay)
- Secretary: Isabel Nashookpuk (Wainwright Traditional Council)
- Sergeant at Arms: Anna Nageak (Naqsraġmiut Tribal Council)
- Member: Noreen Kaleak (Native Village of Kaktovik)
- Member: Hazel Kunaknana (Native Village of Nuiqsut)
- Member: Muriel Brower (Native Village of Barrow)
- Member: Vacant (Native Village of Atqasuk)
“I want to thank former chairperson, Tommy Olemaun, for his dedicated service as the Native Village of Barrow representative. Our Board of Directors provide invaluable leadership and decision-making toward our mission of promoting the health and well-being of the Arctic Slope people,” Marie Carroll, ASNA President/CEO stated.
The Board of Directors is the governing body for ASNA, providing leadership and oversight of the organization. Board members are appointed by the eight tribal councils of the Arctic Slope, with one at-large member voted in by the ASNA Board of Directors. Board members govern ASNA with a dedication to its mission to promote the health and well-being of the people of the Arctic Slope. The full board meets quarterly, with an additional retreat focused on ASNA’s strategic direction.