COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019) is a disease caused by a virus named SARS-CoV-2 and was discovered in December 2019 in Wuhan, China. It is very contagious and has quickly spread around the world.
COVID-19 most often causes respiratory symptoms that can feel much like a cold, a flu, or pneumonia. COVID-19 may attack more than your lungs and respiratory system. Other parts of your body may also be affected by the disease.
- Most people with COVID-19 have mild symptoms, but some people become severely ill.
- Some people including those with minor or no symptoms may suffer from post-COVID conditions — or “long COVID”.
- Older adults and people who have certain underlying medical conditions are at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
- Hundreds of thousands of people have died from COVID-19 in the United States.
- Vaccines against COVID-19 are safe and effective. Vaccines teach our immune system to fight the virus that causes COVID-19.|
Testing is available every day from 12pm to 6pm at the old NSB Transit Station facility at 1710 Ahkovak Street, located near the airport. The tests are available with no out-of-pocket costs, and may be repeated every seven (7) days.
If you show flu-like symptoms such as, fever, cough or shortness of breath please call the SSMH COVID Hotline at 833.852.4622
CLICK HERE to book an appointment for Rapid or PCR testing.
CLICK HERE for the Authorization for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Vaccination for MINORS (5-11 years)